Your privacy is important to us and we promise that any information collected will remain private.
What we collect from your order information:
We may collect the following information which you provide us with:
- Name and payment details (payment details are encrypted and are not stored)
- Contact information including email address, address, telephone number
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- IP address
- Order Information and Purchase History
- If you contact us regarding any issue, we may keep a record of that communication
- Reviews and photographs which you give us permission to use
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers which you choose to provide us with
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To process your order, obtain payment and notify you about order information and updates
- To send you reminder emails of items in your basket which are incomplete
- Internal record keeping to process your order and provide Customer Care
- To notify you about changes to our website and services
- Improve our products and services
Essential emails: When you place any order, you will receive order status updates via email giving you important information about the status of your order, dispatch notifications and delivery notifications. If you do not wish to receive these emails, please contact us at email@example.com
Legitimate interest emails: When you place your first order with us, you will also receive a welcome email giving you information regarding deliveries, returns, contacting us and FAQ's etc. We will also send out a photo and feedback request email.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure and kept confidential. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we use SSL technology to safeguard and secure the information we collect online which means that your personal information is encrypted and nobody else can read it. We have put in place appropriate measures to ensure your information is kept secure.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest (i.e. Royal Mail, DPD) However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information:
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information simply by writing to or emailing us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
We share your order information with Carrier Companies so they are able to deliver your parcels. These companies are Royal Mail, DPD, DHL, They may also contact you with delivery updates via the email address or phone number you provided. Other companies who also have access to your order information are ChannelGrabber (for processing orders and managing inventory), PayPal, Amazon and Klarna for payment processing and EKM (our website provider). EKM for status update emails, Sendinblue for welcome and feedback emails, MailChimp for monthly email newsletters. To view their privacy policies, please click on the relevant company name in this paragraph.
Your information is stored with us as it can be useful information to provide good customer service regarding your purchase history. You have the right to contact us at any time and ask us to delete your personal information.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You have the right to:
- request access to your personal data
- request correction of your personal data
- request erasure of your personal data
- object to processing of your personal data
- request restriction of processing your personal data
- request transfer of your personal data
- right to withdraw consent.
Cookies and how we use them:
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer's hard drive by your web browser to collect information to help your online experience. They are not used to identify you personally and we will not sell any of your information to any third parties. We do not store payment card information.
Once the cookie file is added, the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
If you don't want cookies, you can delete them via your browser history and you can also disable them. Just use your search engine to find out how to disable them on your web browser. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website or you can delete them after you have visited our website. You can find out how to view cookies in your browser here and you can find more information about cookies on this useful website aboutcookies.org
- To remember your cart details
- To remember which items you have recently viewed
- Live chat support
- Traffic log to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes. You can opt out of Google Analytics cookies and read more about Google Analytics privacy here
- Track our advertising campaigns
- To enable you to share our pages through social networks
Cookies we generally use are:
EKM and Cotswold Country Hats to assist with using our website ie remembering products, remembering basket info etc
Tawk for our Online Chat
Google to understand how visitors are using our website
Google Translate to translate our pages into different languages
Add this for social sharing
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to get in touch with us. Our contact details are:
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: UK +44 (01451) 810516
Address: Cotswold Country Hats, Cotswold Business Centre, 2 AP Ellis Road, Upper Rissington, Glos, GL54 2PL
Cotswold Country Hats is a trading name of Adorabilia Ltd. Company Number: 08110433.